Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I Want (Need) On My Next Car

I have complained often about the lack of innovation in design on the part of automobile makers. Until 2000, nearly every car manufactured had the same basic features: internal combustion engine powered by petroleum, two or four doors (plus maybe a hatchback) operating on hinges and a door handle, front and rear seats that function the same way they did in 1950. Face it, the only changes in automobile manufacturing have been about efficiency and looks, but not function. A steering wheel looks amost exactly the same as it did in 1940. Since 2000, changes in fuels have been the only significant change, with hybrid and electric cars becoming more common. And don't get me started on why cars can't fly. Finally, however, there comes a change that is outside the box.  From this company, an actual revolution in how you get in and out of your car.
I don't care if I have to sell the house to pay for it, I'm definitely getting this on my next car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment