Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Back

I haven't been blogging much lately because it's the graduation season and I've been getting ready for graduation speech time. The speech to the High School kids went pretty well today. They seemed to be attentive and enjoyed the joke at the end. I worried that it may have been a little harsh and not uplifting enough, but it's done. And people thanked me, so it must not have been too over the top.    

The middle school promotion ceremony is Thursday at 7 PM, so I have to get going on it soon. If you were an 8th grader, what would be a good message for you to hear? I've done 8 or 9 of these so I have covered a lot of messages. I could use some help with a new topic, instead of get involved at your school, change your image this summer if you don't like it (they move from 2 middle schools to one high school so half the kids are new to them at high school - good time to change your image), I even had one using points made in Brokaw's book about the greatest generation (those coming back from WW2). So let me know soon if you have an idea. Sources are helpful, too. Today's high school address started out about the new movie Thor, so they can be lighter in the beginning.  Thanks in advance.     

And if you have any upcoming needs for a promotional speaker, I am getting better at this after 8 years.  I'd love to talk to your group. I even have my own graduation gown and thingamabob that goes around your neck and shows you have a masters degree in mathematics. And I charge significantly less than what George Bush makes. Although I probably won't say, "Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die."  Kinda like the kid in Sixth Sense, I think; I see dead families!  If you work in an office and your colleagues seem to be stuck at a 10th grade level emotionally, that's my target demographic, unfortunately. Oh, well.  

Middle School address should be posted Thursday evening. Enjoy.  

1 comment:

  1. No luck I'm afraid. Just out of suggestions. If it could wait, though, I'm sure I will have the most entertaining, inspiration quotes imaginable from the Movie of the Year that will be out tomorrow. It'll hit home with all the cool kids AND the intellectuals. It is just that kind of movie. Though I am sad that Oogway won't be in the sequel.

    ReplyDelete