Monday, September 12, 2011

Only in Indiana

 So I'm driving across Route 30 in north central Indiana today headed for my Dad's house in Ohio when I happen to come up behind this:    


If you look closely, you will see a bright (but small in comparison) red and orange caution sign on the back of the truck. It's a good thing it was there or otherwise I would have missed this.  My first thought was:  
OK, this year my Christmas list only has one thing on it.    

So, I passed it, then pulled on to a side road to wait for it to catch up:    


I already have a truck with a hitch on it. I just need to buy a trailer. Then I would go up to the grocery store in style. I bet I'm the only one in the parking lot with an elephant (unless the circus is in town). I hope Whimzy (our new puppy) doesn't mind sharing the yard with my Christmas present. At least it moves more slowly than the squirrels she has been chasing lately.    

The best part of the whole interlude was sitting on the side road with my phone up to take a picture and having a cop car turn in front of me to go down the side road. He sees my phone up and starts laughing. I imagine that happened a lot on Route 30 this afternoon.    

I'm gonna have my phone set to camera when I head back to Wauconda later this week. You never know what you'll see in Indiana.    

No comments:

Post a Comment