Friday, September 30, 2011

Top 100 Science Fiction Books - Round 2

Some time ago I posted some information from National Public Radio listing the top 100 science fiction books as voted on by their listeners.    

Now the people at SF Signal have come up with a way to see which book you should read next. It is a huge flow chart that takes you on a path through all 100 books. Just keep following the decision boxes, answering YES or NO to see where you end up.    
















It's probably too small to see here. Your best bet is to go here and enlarge it or print it out. I worked my way through the flow chart in about 2 minutes and ended up at HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy on the sci fi side. When I went through the fantasy side, I ended up at The Legend of Drizzt by R. A. Salvatore, which is a rather long (13 books so far) sword and sorcery epic which I enjoyed very much. If it sounds good to you, don't buy it; I've got all 13 books in the bookcase downstairs.    

Mostly, I found it enjoyable to follow different threads on the flow chart to see where they end up. It gives you some idea of what each book is about. You may find something there that is worth reading. Next up on my list is Anathem by Neal Stephenson. Sounded interesting.  Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment