Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Odds and Ends

1.  The shuttle Discovery landed safely today, the end of a very successful mission.  In case you forgot about the space shuttle, here is another picture of it on the launch pad, courtesy of the website



" This closes a chapter in NASA technology, allowing the scientists to move on to their next challenge: producing bunny ears that won't burn up in the atmosphere." A seriously disturbed website. 




2.  Da Bulls won again today 101 - 84 against the Charlotte Hornets Bobcats with chief Bobcat MJ watching courtside. High scorer for the game (tied with D Rose) was Kyle Korver, most recently of the New Orleans Utah Jazz, on 7 of 10 shooting. Joakim had 13 rebounds and 12 points, but the exit of Carlos Boozer with a knee injury in the fourth quarter after suffering a flagrant foul is a big concern. The Bulls have won 11 of their last 13 games. With Boston's loss to the San Diego Los Angeles Clippers, the Bulls pull within one and a half games of the top seed in the East. By the way, for you history buffs, the first coach of the Bulls could have been Ray Meyer, the long-time De Paul head coach. He was offered the job and turned it down. Johnny "Red" Kerr ended up as the first Bulls coach in 1966.




3.  Yesterday's Sporcle had a very nice contest on "Fictional Cats by Picture" here.  Got 20 out of 25, but had no idea what the name of the Pokemon cat (-like thing) was.  If you are not wasting large amounts of time playing Sporcle, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? As one of the commenters stated, "Heavens to Murgatroyd! That was a fun quiz, even." (I can't believe that was one of the ones I missed.) But, no Thundercats. Although the boys will be happy to know that one of the Aristocats shows up.  That would be high on Nate's Top Ten Movie List, I think. I would know for sure if I had Nate's Movie List in front of me. Which brings us to .....

4.  What is the hold-up on the Top Ten Movie Lists, people? Some people have done a great job, including two of my colleagues from my former workplace, who gave up valuable time during 3rd hour playing Sporcle working with students to do their lists. Plus the left coast contingent is in and done.  So where's Nate and Dana and Ann and Randi and Steve and Dan and Swanee and Sean and Melody and Mary and Dave and Patrick and Brittany and Jonathan and Jamie and Bill and everybody else.  Chop! Chop! folks, time's awasting. When you get them finished, send them here.  Mike and I are ready to move on to the next list: top 5 places we would like to visit. Or maybe children's books. Or superheroes. Whatever, let's go! And don't try to con me with "I'm busy." Don't forget - I know you, so you're not gonna get me to believe that one. Except maybe Mary during Show season. But she's got spring break coming up and besides, making the list is a great relaxer after you have worked awhile. It's therapeutic. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap. Wait a second, just thinking about anything makes me want to take a nap. I'm just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment