Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Music Alternatives

So your IPod is dead, you are at work and you need some music to put in the background as you work. Well, one choice would be the website  8Tracks.com.  There are a gazillion mixes that have been posted to the website.  My first choice in listening was a jazz/folk mix called Nine Songs for Sleeping (I need all the help I can get - notice how many of these posts were published after 2 AM). A nice mix including Diana Krall, Trespassers William, and Jeff Buckley. Lots of categories to help you narrow down your search:  

rock   alternative rock   indie rock   pop   electronic  hip hop  indie  folk  soundtrack  alternative  chill  jazz  r&b  dance  rap  acoustic  blues  punk  soul  country  indie pop   dubstep  metal  reggae   classic rock   love  electro   happy   eclectic   world   ambient   house   singer/songwriter   experimental  folk rock  classical   easy listening   lo-fi   instrumental   funk   oldies    electronica   techno    punk rock

Found a nice mix I probably listened to a lot 15 years ago driving to the House of Blues or Fireside Bowl, including Aquabats, the Specials, and Madness, but no Milkman's Kid.   

I picked up a number of new songs and artists from the Marshmallow Fight Blog Top 25 Songs List, like Sondre Lerche from Tammy,  but I am always on the lookout for something new.  I enjoyed playing around with this website. Hope you do, too.    

Also on the Marshmallow Fight Blog, my Dad's list of Top Ten Movies will be appearing as soon as I can get them posted. Where's your list? Send them here.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! If you plan to be in Portland in June, you can catch the Sondre Lerche show with us :)

    Will definitely be checking out that website... used Pandora for a long time but it seems to be as short on new music as I am.

    ReplyDelete