Friday, July 15, 2011

Want A Pop?

Galco's store in Los Angeles sells pop (or do you say soda). That's all - soda pop. They have 500 different varieties and don't sell Pepsi or Coke products because those companies have all kinds of requirements about how you set up your shelves. Best cola? Fentimans Curiosity Cola, botanically brewed since 1905.  Need a diet pop? Try Stewarts Black Cherry Diet Pop or Jones Sugar Free Green Apple. Orange drinks, cucumber pop, banana sodas. Plus they do also sell all the old time candy you can't find in the Jewel Grocery store. Beeman's and Black Jack gum, Bottle Caps, Clark bars, Sky Bars, and Zagnuts, and my favorite from the little grocery store I used to go to in the 50's when Alan and I went fishing - Zero bars. Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa Galco's. I think I may have found the store I want to work at in my retirement. I think one of these would make out fine in Arlington Heights.     

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like heaven, really, except for the LA bit. You should probably just open one.

    ReplyDelete