Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thank You, Ronnie!

That's Ronald Reagan. As my sister-in-law Randi let me know, in 1984, President Reagan proclaimed the third Sunday of July (that's today, July 17) to be National Ice Cream Day. Probably the best decision the Teflon President ever made. Now we don't need a special day to eat ice cream. I make sure I get some ice cream in me at least three times a week. Whether it comes from the store in a Ben and Jerry's container and I have to scoop it myself, or it comes as a Strawbanna Sundae from Julie Anne's in Crystal Lake (they're back), it is the perfect way to end the day. So Ann and I went out this evening to honor the way ice cream has helped us preserve our freedoms for these many years. Or something like that. I didn't read up on the background too much. Too busy thinking about what I wanted to order. Choices, choices. So I went with a banana split - but without the cherries - that's fruit isn't it? I didn't go to Dairy Queen to get fruit (well, maybe strawberries, but I had caramel instead of pineapple).        




Just so you can plan the rest of your week, Tuesday is National Daiquiri Day and Friday is the day Mike celebrates National Hammock day by using his second favorite treasure he found in Costa Rica (Tammy is his first). Arbor Day, bah, humbug! These are the important holidays, my friends. Enjoy them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment