Tuesday, October 25, 2011

May I Have the Envelope, Please?

I know you've been waiting for this. Grammar.net today announced the winners of the Best Grammar Blog of 2011. (Drumroll, please)   

3rd Place - Arrant Pedantry     

   Most recent post - "Rules, Regularity, and Relative Pronouns"   
          The age-old struggle to determine the correct usage of who, which, and that.   

2nd Place - Grammar Girl  

   Most Recent Post - "Why Does 'Gadaffi' Have So Many Different Spellings?"  
         The age-old struggle to translate Arabic words into English.   

1st Place - A CLIL To Climb

   Most Recent Post - "Compound Adjectives - To Hyphenate or Not"   
        The age-old struggle to decide whether to hyphenate "ten-mile run" and "loud-mouthed lime".   

  A fellow blogspot resident - so we are happy they won.  


The scariest part - online voting determined the winner - over 8000 votes were cast. And my high school English teacher, Ms. Geiger, would be 115 by now, so I don't think she's doing much voting anymore. I didn't know there were people who followed in her footsteps - but I can still diagram a sentence, so she is probably looking down on me (OK, she is probably looking up at me - she was a grammar teacher after all) with a smile.     



No comments:

Post a Comment