Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today's Musical Selection, from 1978

One of the best TV show theme songs of all time, "Angela" appeared on the Bob James album Touchdown, which I still have in the basement. Listening to this music always cheered me up if I had a bad day. As I mentioned yesterday, I think it's the flute part that originally caught my attention. 

The album, released in 1978, is notable for its heavyweight cast, including David Sanborn, Idris Muhammad, Hubert Laws, and Earl Klugh.  Bob James won Grammys in 1981 for One On One with Earl Klugh and in 1988 for Double Vision with David Sanborn. He is still recording, with a group he founded 20 years ago called Fourplay. 


Who's your favorite driver from the Sunshine Cab Company? For me it was always the Reverend Jim Ignatowski, played by Christopher Lloyd before he got famous in "Back to the Future". 

"Reverend" Jim Ignatowski: Yeah, I did some drugs, though probably not as many as you think. How many drugs do you think I did?
Elaine Nardo: A lot.
"Reverend" Jim Ignatowski: Wow! Right on the nose! 


 Enjoy the trip down memory lane!   

No comments:

Post a Comment