Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Do You Know Me?

Exactly fifty years ago today, I became the first person in history to do something pretty amazing. It took me an hour and 48 minutes and I never got to do it again, but it was the coolest thing ever.   



My last words before doing it were, "Поехали!" which can be translated as "Let's go!"     

In honor of the anniversary today, Jethro Tull frontman Ian Anderson (and someone else) performed a rather unique flute duet which can be found here. It's a song called Bouree which appeared on the Standup album in 1969, the year I went to college and roomed with Jack Derbyshire, who had this Jethro Tull album and played it constantly. It's been a long time since I heard this song, but I am pleased to say that I have two other Jethro Tull songs on my IPOD (plus some songs from Hubert Laws and James Galway - I was really into flutes in the mid - seventies).    

No comments:

Post a Comment