Friday, December 20, 2013

I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!

I was sad to see this week that Peter O'Toole had passed away. I loved Lawrence of Arabia when it came out, but my favorite O'Toole movie was My Favorite Year, which came out in 1982. Set in the 1950's, it also starred Selma Diamond, who would be in Night Court in 1984 and Mark Linn Baker who would be in Perfect Strangers on TV two years later.Here's classic Selma Diamond:


                


Peter O'Toole plays swashbuckling movie star Alan Swann who finds out right before going on a TV variety show that it is live.



It is a very fun movie, and Peter O'Toole plays the dissolute movie star perfectly. Unlike his character, Peter O'Toole was a movie star and an actor of the highest order. Probably the best tribute I read this week: "Oh my god, if Peter O'Toole can die, anybody could die!"

No comments:

Post a Comment