Friday, June 3, 2011

My New Retirement Song

I have run into this song a couple of times over the last week and felt that it hit just the right tone. With my wife officially retired - as of last Friday - I have worked pretty hard for the last week around the house. We built a twelve foot long cedar raised vegetable bed and a new 8 foot long garbage can platform for the back yard last Saturday, then spent Sunday hauling bags of dirt for the vegetable bed - 42 bags in all - 48 cubic feet of dirt. So now we have tomatoes, beans, peppers, and squash to enjoy later this summer (we hope). This weekend is clean out the garage weekend. And I think on Monday, I'll start playing this song every day at home, lobbying for a couple of lay on the couch and read my Kindle days (and maybe get to the comic book store for the next issues in the new Flashpoint series). The singer is Bruno Mars, who has been a fast rising star the last couple of years and won a Grammy in February for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Just the Way You Are". The song in the video is called "The Lazy Song" and begins "Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in bed."   



There is an alternative version of the video for this song that can be found here.  It has a very famous geek celebrity in the starring role and is seriously funny. Enjoy!      

No comments:

Post a Comment